Summer Wedding Details
There are many advantages to getting married in the summer. It’s easier for people to take off work and the weather is more consistent, to name a couple.
Make your wedding should stand out incorporating some of the fol- lowing details to your special day.
- A self-serve ice cream bar or snow cone cart. Both whimsical and refreshing, a snow cone cart or ice cream bar give new twists on wedding desserts. They also keep guests cool as a cucumber on a sultry summer day. Check with party rental companies to see what options they can offer.
- Signature cocktails. You can have a signature cocktail no matter the season of your wedding. But a crisp cocktail in a bright color screams summer — not to mention so many fruits and veggies are in season and at their height of flavor. Work with a local bartender to find out what’s in season to combine the best drink to reflect your tastes.
- Lawn games. The summer wedding season brings many an outdoor affair. Let guests make their own fun by offering a selection of lawn games croquet and lawn dice, which work well with players sport- ing formal wear.
- Sparklers. When things get late and it’s time to take your leave, do it in style by handing out sparklers for guests to light and line your path.
- A seaside locale. Nothing says summertime more than a beach wedding or a lawn wedding by the sea.
- Bright bouquets. Summer was made for bold colors — and Mother Nature agrees. Choose flowers in vivid colors like red, pink or yellow. Pick large blooms like peonies, hydrangeas or sunflowers. No matter what you decide to incorporate into your summer wedding, remember to always get quotes from as many local vendors as possible. Doing so will allow you to save money, but also to uncover unique ideas that may help your special day stand out from the summer wedding crowd.