5 Reasons for a Fall Wedding
The first question you will hear after getting engaged is, “When is the big day?” It’s not hard to round up inspiration for autumn nuptials.
Here are five reasons why fall is the perfect time of year for getting married:
- (More) predictable weather. Temperatures are falling and the leaves are changing, which means you don’t have to worry about profuse sweating. Inclement weath- er also is less likely than springtime weather to impact your plans, which makes outdoor events less of a gamble. The flexibility of cool weather definitely has a lot to offer.
- Jewel tones. Deep purples, burnt oranges, vivid reds and woodsy greens all take center stage in the fall. Since these colors occur naturally this time of year, incorporating them into your decor will feel lush and organic.|
- Cute accessories. There are some seriously swoon-worthy ac- cessories that you just can’t incor- porate in a spring or summer wed- ding. Think cozy flannel blankets set out for guests or thick chunky-knit shawls for the bridesmaids. This also is the perfect time of year, as the nights get chilly, to add a soft cape to your bridal look.
- Budget-friendly decor. Use the changing of the seasons as your stunning backdrop. Make bare branches look elegant in tall vases, arrange pumpkins and your favor- ite flowers as centerpieces, or use apples as place card holders. With fall decor, it is all about keeping it simple. Pick just a few elements and utilize them throughout for a big impact.
- The food. Did we mention apples are in season? This means apple cider, apple-cider donuts, caramel apples and apple pie. Not to mention the other goodies that are only good in cooler temperatures, such as spiked cocoa, bacon-wrapped figs, hearty soup courses and roasted root vegetables.